Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Writing

Hello!
So I thought I would start off my first day on this schedule to actually tell you a bit about my writing history. :)

I have been writing on and off my whole life, well sense I could write anyway. I went to a middle and grade school that put a lot of emphasis on writing, both creative and academic. We had a guy in our school that came I think about once a week. His name was Word Man, he always said "Show, don't tell" Back then I wrote a lot of poems and I had one published when I was in 7th grade I think.

Once I got to high school I wrote a little bit, mainly fantasy back then, some of it is on elfwood. After that I kind of just stopped writing, I'm not entirely sure why.
I kept tabs on a friend from elfwood the lovely Emma Kathryn :) She offered me a lot of advice and answered all of my questions most graciously and I will always be in her debt. Once I went to college i started to think about getting my name out in the writing world. She introduced me to anthology writing and blogging too actually. Because of her I found Static Movement and the lovely Chris Bartholomew. and Pill Hill Press and the lovely Jessy :)
So thank you Emma!

From there I have been published in 6 books, so far. All horror. I am also currently working on a novel which has no name yet. If you have any questions about writing or me please ask so I have topics :)

Have a wonderful day dearies!

9 comments:

LTM said...

How neat! Thanks for sharing your "journey." :o) Horror stories... interesting~

Happy New Year!

Mary Vaughn said...

How wonderful -- all those publications! From poetry to horror, now there's a jump.
Thanks for sharing.

The Golden Eagle said...

Thanks for telling us your story! It's awesome that you've been published so many times!

Happy New Year!

Jamie Gibbs (Mithril Wisdom) said...

That's awesome :) It's pretty cool that you've been published so many times already. I think I need to get my name out there a little more, hehe.

Jules said...

Oh, where do I begin with the questions... :) Sounds like an impressive history to me, I'll look forward to future installments :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jemi Fraser said...

I wish our schools had taught us writing - we maybe had 2 or 3 assignments in creative writing throughout my whole school career!

Hope you have a wonderful new year!

Elaine AM Smith said...

Happy New Year.
You were lucky to be inspired and have friends to make the writing journey with you.
I keep being side-tracked by images of jelly beans. :) This is not doing my non-resolution much good.

Julie Musil said...

It's so fun to read about the history of other writers. I wish you a happy 2011!

J.C. Martin said...

Thank you for sharing. I too have recently discovered Static Movement and Pill Hill Press. Great publishers for starting writers! Good luck in your endeavours. :)